Hi Christoph, all,

Christoph Noack schrieb:
Hi Andras,

thanks for your mail - it's a good reminder that something should be
finalized. So I CC the Design team as well to quickly come up with a
decision ...

Am Dienstag, den 01.03.2011, 11:21 +0100 schrieb Andras Timar:
[...]

Some time ago, I've started with "Libre" for the color names, but this
is sometimes cumbersome when working in Inkscape or LibreOffice. Thus,
we've omitted to use it - according to the table in our wiki [1].

My question to the team is: Is e.g. "Green 1" okay in comparison to
"Libre Green 1"? On the one hand, it is easier to grasp when using the
colors, on the other hand, LibO does not provide any further information
on the currently used color palette.

I'd like to stay consistent not only inside the product, but in external use too.

If someone refers to "Blue 3", this can be any blue tone. "LibreBlue 3" is (probably) unique.

In the LibO case, I'd go for "adding Libre" - you take? (+1/-1/0)

Therefore I vote with +1.

But I'd prefer "LibreGreen 1" over "Libre Green 1", because without the space "LibreGreen" is a name, while in "Libre Green" libre can be understood as descriptive adjective.

To be consistent, we should use "LibreGreen Accent" instead of "Green Accent" - OpenGrok shows the latter.

[...]

2. The gray shades are missing in the table - these are not necessarily
part of the official branding palette, but very helpful when working on
documents (rationale: changing palettes in LibO is still time consuming,
so the basic colors should be included).

I think we should define two grey values as "LibreGrey" (or "LibreGray"). One should be the grey tone of the lighter part in the greyscale logo. As it is the equivalent to "LibreGreen" (as official LibO color "LibreGreen 1" might be called this way IMHO), I'd call it "LibreGrey 1".

The greyscale logo uses a 50% grey level (#808080), and I'd like to keep it.

But the darker part of the logo is black only in the basic logo.
We already discussed the black issue several times, so I'd like to see a "LibreGrey 0" to be used for the dark part of the colored and the greyscale logo.

In my eyes 80% grey (#333333) is dark enough to look distinct from the lighter tone, but is recognized as "not black".

We could add "LibreGrey 2" and "LibreGrey 3", but I don't think this is necessary for the LibO palette.

If we include the basic colors in the palette, more grey values are as important as the main colors.

Should this be filed as an
issue?

We don't need an issue to decide about the content of the LibO palette. But we probably will, when our decision will lead to an update on the color palette inside LibO.

Best regards

Bernhard

[1] http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Marketing/Branding#Color_Table