On 04/11/2011 04:56 AM, drew wrote:
On Sat, 2011-04-09 at 20:19 -0700, Jeff Chimene wrote:
On 04/09/2011 06:26 PM, drew wrote:
On Sat, 2011-04-09 at 15:31 -0700, Jeff Chimene wrote:

<snip>

and one more, without the globe, just to see.

- note this is a full 25 meg jobby, so the xcf is actually faster to
pull down...
http://lo-portal.us/temp/lrge-cover-alt-6.png

again, replace png w/xcf for source.

The -6 version is pretty sweet, I hate to admit it, but the front looks
good w/o the globe. Very clean.

I can tweak the back cover, but first I'll need to get the font.

What font are you trying to get? I forget the name of the one used in the LO logo/graphic. To be honest, I have a very large font collection. I have several DVDs worth of them, well over 150,000 after all of the duplicates are finally removed from the folders. The properties of the font's folder states 266,947 items and 14.8 GB.

So if you need a font that is found freely somewhere on the web, I may have it in my collection.

I just looked for the font, and I cannot find it in my LibreOffice folders. Could use the link for it so I can download them again. This tile make sure they are stored in the proper folder.
I'm thinking that by reducing the ODF logo, moving the LibreOffice logo
to the top of the page, followed by the slogan,
<snip>

Maybe also drop the "North American...", "Multi-language..." and O/S
texts as they're already on the front. That would give more than enough
room to promote the LibO logo to the top of the page.

Hi Jeff, et al

Well, keeping in mind that this is for commercial printing and I will
include the version with the background color removed for printing on
deskjets...but -

http://lo-portal.us/temp/lrge-cover-alt-8.png
(25 Meg)

Also updated the wiki page for Existing Designs with this, only a
trimmed down 1.8 Meg file :-/

Thanks,

Drew

Just wondering about why you are using XCF format for the "editable" files? I know it is the default for GIMP, but some people on this list might not know that.

Yes commercial printing vs. ink-jet/color-laser is a big difference. Even ink-jet vs. color-laser printing can be different for the design. I hate printing out a page using the ink-jet and see the page having that wrinkly wet look when it comes out of the printer. Linux has issues with the HP color laser 2600 [even my HP ink-jet as well], so if I need a good printout for graphics, I move the document over to the Vista laptop and print it from there.

Now if you are doing a limited "run" of printing, you may be able to afford the prices of the toner used in the color laser printing. I know my color laser toner cost about $35 USD on eBay and it give me about 1500-2000 "standard" text pages. I could most likely print about 250 or more of the cover sheets with a new set of toner before one runs out.