On Sat, Apr 9, 2011 at 8:32 AM, drew <drew@baseanswers.com> wrote:

On Sat, 2011-04-09 at 08:25 -0700, Jeff Chimene wrote:
Now that I think about it, why is the ODF logo on the front cover?
Maybe
move it to the back with the other supporting logos?

It's on the front because the front just looked wrong, it was
un-balanced and I tried a number of other things to fill the space,
finally when I put the ODF bird there it seemed right.

You can see for yourself, just grab one of the xcf and hide the layer
that holds the logo (should one of the last no-name, sorry, layers)

I did have the same thought about moving it the back - but then I also
thought, ODF really is a big part of what we should be about, at least
to the extent IMO that it would warrant the front cover.

The same argument could also be made for the other logos. Maybe move the
version identifier to the upper left corner in place of the logo?

Also, maybe use the "Freedom never tasted..." phrase on the front, instead
of the back?

And if you look at the png at full size you will find a 'tm' tagged onto
the end of F in graphic. It's customary to then acknowledge to whom the
'tm' refers, just didn't get to it.

Agreed.

On the other hand _if_ there is going to be an insert of some type, we
can cover that there.

The trademark ack on the front could be removed, as it's also on the back.