On 04/09/2011 10:50 AM, drew wrote:
On Sat, 2011-04-09 at 08:24 -0400, Tim Lungstrom wrote:
In the extra's folders, the archive package 7zip had an issue when I
used the one on the DVD on a Win XP/pro laptop. Something would not
let it install correctly. When I download a fresh copy of the same
version, it installed with no problem.
I have updated the DVD file with the newly downloaded one.
I do not know why there was a problem, but it is not one now.
Excellent, let's see how far we can get the North American DVD project
moved along this weekend - I know you have been waiting on me.
Hopefully we will be finished with the DVD soon.
I will be handing out some papers to a meeting today, that I am
attending. It will be just a printout of the index page of the web
site. I also include my business card. That way by the next meeting, I
hopefully will have a list of people who want a copy of the DVD. This
meeting is actually a Historical Society meeting, but there is a large
cross section of people there who are working in various businesses,
local government, or retired. I hope to be able soon to drop off a copy
or two to IT people at the local library system, governments [city and
county seat less than 2 miles away], and a few businesses that I have
dealt with before.
I never needed to use any e-reader formats until I started to look into
reader software for my old tablet PC. So when I installed it, there was
a freezing issue. The Writer2ePub extension seems to work though. That
may be the more used e-reader extension. There are others that are
"only" for mobile devices, like iPad and phone types, but you need an
external software like Calibre to convert to them. I still prefer TXT,
HTML, or PDF formats for my book files, or maybe I am just use to them.
Note I've replied to the mailing list, in lieu of the CC names. Let's
use the mailing list and I'll see if I can get my tardy tasks wrapped up
and more information to the list as today goes on.
I saw your earlier email on finding a troublesome extension, odt2pml,
and removing that from the directory, and the HTML page.
No, the freeze was on Linux, so I did not want to try it on Windows. An
eariler version [I think I remember] did work on Windows, but that was
several years ago when it went in my list of extension in my OOo folder.
By chance did you check the bug tracking system(s) to see if that was
already reported - if not I don't mind, just to be sure: the freeze was
using Windows, yes? [I haven't tried it here yet, BTW]
I did not check the tracking, since it was one of those Sun vs. Oracle
deals where Oracle just took over the file and is not supporting it,
yet. It is still under Sun's ownership, according to OOo's web site.
ps - let's keep this thread to extensions, and I'll start another for
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/us/marketing/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
Impressum (Legal Info)
: Unless otherwise specified, all text and images
on this website are licensed under the
Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
This does not include the source code of LibreOffice, which is
licensed under the Mozilla Public License (MPLv2
"LibreOffice" and "The Document Foundation" are
registered trademarks of their corresponding registered owners or are
in actual use as trademarks in one or more countries. Their respective
logos and icons are also subject to international copyright laws. Use
thereof is explained in our trademark policy