On Sun, Feb 27, 2011 at 3:44 AM, Marc Paré <marc@marcpare.com> wrote:
Le 2011-02-26 14:24, Marc Paré a écrit :

<snip>

Thanks for the text Carl. I have updated the flyer text[1]. Comments? More
editing? Changes?

Header:
Join the LibreOffice Fundraising Challenge
Donate for the Foundation

maybe something like:
LibreOffice fundraising continues
Contribute to the Foundation

Poster body
Original:
"Thanks to the rallying forces behind the LibreOffice Community, in
just eight days, some 2,000 donors from all over the world contributed
€50,000 necessary to set up as a legal entity in Germany."

Edited:
Thank you to the rallying forces of the LibreOffice Community! In just
eight days, over 2,000 donors from all over the world contributed the
€50,000 necessary to establish as a legal entity in Germany. Together,
we met The Challenge.

Original:
"The funding drive continues to the March 21st closing date.

"The fundraising effort is continuing to accommodate people who missed
out on the initial Challenge. Additional money will be used to build a
sustainable structure to support LibreOffice. Many aspects of the
volunteer Community are forming, but this will only take LibreOffice
so far. With additional financial resources, the Foundation will be
able to do more to promote, coordinate LibreOffice activities, and
expand product offerings. The success of the initial fundraising
effort demonstrates the possibility of LibreOffice becoming the global
leader in office suites. Please consider donating to help realize that
possibility."

Edited:
The funding drive continues to the original March 21st closing date.

For people who missed out on the Challenge, there is still an
opportunity to contribute financially to the success of LibreOffice.
Additional money will be used to build a sustainable structure to
support LibreOffice. The volunteer Community is already hard at work,
but this will only take LibreOffice so far. With additional financial
resources, the Foundation will be able to do more to promote,
coordinate activities, and develop products. The success of the
initial fundraising effort demonstrates the possibility of LibreOffice
as the global leader in office suites. Please consider donating to
help realize that possibility.

Original:
The LibreOffice Fundraising Challenge!

Help fund the first initial budget of our new Foundation. All
donations will be directed into the future foundation's
budget to cover operating expenses.

Edited:
Bold LibreOffice Fundraising Goal!

Help fund the initial budget of our new Foundation. All donations will
be used to launch a viable enterprise.

Don't know about the last bit. It would be good to give potential
donors a taste of what their money will be used for. And it would be
nice if they could get a picture of how TDF and LibreOffice benefit
them directly.

NOTE 1: Remember, the flyer is made to print on regular white stock paper
and cut in half.

NOTE 2:I have put in bold the 1st line of text on the right hand side of the
flyer. Does this look better than the plain text of the left side.

Yes.

BANNER: Bernhard suggested that maybe the word "Challenge" in the banner
should be removed as we had reached our goal of 50 000 Euro. But Florian has
renamed the Challenge site description to "LibreOffice Fundraising
Challenge" as well as added the "Donate for the Foundation". Should we
modify the banner as well? I wanted to keep the wording as close to the
details on the Challenge website. But we could always change the wording if
we think that something else would work better. We could also have a banner
on the right hand side with different text. I can re-work the .svg file
wording easily.

Cheers

Marc

[1]
http://www.parentreprise.com/images/LibreOffice/Libo-challenge-enGrayBoxNew2.odt

It's fine to refer to the Challenge. In far less time than expected,
the Challenge was met successfully. The idea now is that the Challenge
energy is still present, but it has morphed into an opportunity for
more people to express their support financially. People want LibO to
be successful, and they want to give money toward that end. People
donating money is an expression of the viability of LibO. It's kinda
like applause. So the fundraising window is staying open so that the
LibO/TDF community can show the rest of the world that this is an
effort to be reckoned with.

Do people want a legal entity? Absolutely, here's money.
Do people want to have a world class product and organization?
Absolutely, here's money.

Carl