On Thu, Feb 24, 2011 at 6:25 PM, Marc Paré<firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
Le 2011-02-24 16:26, Jeff Chimene a écrit :
As I mentioned with Tim: Rackspace will be at SCALE. I can approach them
about donating making a CloudFiles donation. I'm sure there will be
SCALE runs Friday, Saturday, Sunday. Friday is a setup day for
So, if you can get an answer from TDF re: hosting, I won't pursue this
option during the expo.
Thanks for the help. Unless we hear otherwise, I would imagine that the
would have to discuss this at a meeting to approve it. There would
be a delay of time.
The ideal would be for the TDF to recognize officially the DVD project
then find space for the project on the TDF server(s) for the ISO.
Maybe you could still speak to Rackspace about this just in case there is
problem with the space on the server, although, I imagine, that there
be sufficient funds to purchase an additional server on the TDF side if
there was not enough space.
Based on your response, let's try this: how about a six month commitment
from a hosting organization? I'm guessing it will be at least that long
before we get a go/no-go from TDF. If the goal is to get these images
on a TDF server, I want to be as up-front about that as possible.
I'm trying to avoid implementing a distribution system in which these
wander about the net like hobos, forced to strike camp after exceeding
hosting quota. I realize it's simply a matter of updating a link on a
central web page, but allowing such links to grow stale is something to be
avoided, yes? The current situation (from Tim) is that his hosting service
is targeted towards non-commercial usage, and Daniel is concerned about
I think Drew is traveling today. I haven't heard from him in this
discussion. I expect that tomorrow we'll want to setup the SCALE booth and
he'll have some ideas on this too.