On Oct 20, 2010, at 12:51 PM, James Walker wrote:

Well, I do not see anything on this list that is too much for a large group
to handle.

I agree that we should put this on a WIKI page and start working on some of
it.
Personally I believe a large portion of our efforts needs to be going toward
educational institutions.

We need to get users early and keep them.

I've updated promotional and marketing project ideas on the wiki in two places today:

1. US (and Canada)-Specific: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Marketing/US-Marketing/Projects

(I fleshed out the list of project ideas based on this old email thread.

2. Global: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Marketing/Ideas/Promotion

(Here I added Street Teams and the Broadcast Mailing List)

What I propose we do next is build small teams to address one or two of the major ideas. I think we
need to focus on a small number of things as we build up our promotional teams and abilities.

- My top priority would be PR (Media Relations), where we can learn from Italo's work in Italy.
- Right after that, I'd put Education.

It probably makes sense to continue focusing on the website development now, and then move into
these marketing and promotion tasks after we complete the site. Although the PR work can go on in
parallel, I'd expect.

Thanks,
Ben

Benjamin Horst