On Sun, Sep 7, 2014 at 3:13 PM, Owen Genat <owen.genat@gmail.com> wrote:
Robinson Tryon wrote
P.S. HEY, PEOPLE! --> You should get accounts and test out the site as
well! :-)

Was the original statement by Andreas an intentional "can" or an erroneous
"can't"? It seems only a login option is offered on the new site. On the
existing site the "Hosting your Extension(s)" link at bottom is not an
obvious sign-up method.

Test accounts are indeed available.

Oh, that reminds me of something else:
A while ago the admins went through and purged accounts from the
extensions site. IIRC I didn't have any specific concerns about the
procedure at the time, although I had a niggling concern in the back
of my head that I was missing something. What I think I was missing
was that a user account is necessary for up/downvoting. As such, we
shouldn't purge accounts, or at least not purge any accounts that have
been used for voting or etc..

From a support point of view I feel it would also be good to enforce visible
contact details for extension publishers. At present it can be difficult to
track down the author of an extension. I often find myself in forum answers
stating "(try to) contact the extension author" without being able to offer
much in the way of further assistance.

Along with contact details for developers, we should have clear
documentation for how to report bugs re: extensions. We've fumbled
along in QA for quite some time, and we need to make that workflow
simpler.

Cheers,
--R

--