Hello,

the current Extensions- and Templates-Site is running on Plone with some
addons. There has some complains about the usability of the site and
thus I decided to work on an improvement. I created two new Plone addons
(one for extensions and the second for templates). I worked on the addon
for extensions first and implemented a new more flat hierarchy of
content types (only three):
- extension center
- extension project
- extension release.

The user has to work with two content types. He creates a project first
and adds a release with up to currently five extension-files to it (we
can change that).

I implemented only the content types yet. Before I go further with the
development I'd like to get some feedback on the content types and their
features. Is there something missing etc.

Once the missing features etc. are implemented I will start to implement
the site workflow  and adjust the permissions.

Beside that I'll work on the search feature of the extension center. The
form and the links to the categories are not working yet.

The test-site is not themed yet. It's plain Plone style apart from some
hard coded styles.
I'll work on a new Diazo theme for the site. I'll need volunteers with
some design skills and deeper knowledge in CSS.

After finishing all the above steps the content of the current
LibreOffice Extensions- and Templates-Site could be transmogrified to
the new site.

The new test site is available at:
http://vm5.documentfoundation.org:9095/LibO-Ext-Temp-Test/en/extensions

You can get an account on that site. There is no self registration
enabled yet.

Regards,
Andreas

--