Robinson Tryon wrote
On Tue, Aug 12, 2014 at 10:08 PM, Andreas Mantke <

maand@

> wrote:
You can get an account on that site. There is no self registration
enabled yet.

P.S. HEY, PEOPLE! --> You should get accounts and test out the site as
well! :-)

Was the original statement by Andreas an intentional "can" or an erroneous
"can't"? It seems only a login option is offered on the new site. On the
existing site the "Hosting your Extension(s)" link at bottom is not an
obvious sign-up method.

By way of comment, comparing:
http://extensions.libreoffice.org/extension-center/languagetool
http://extensions.openoffice.org/en/project/languagetool

... it is fairly obvious which is easier for a user to navigate. The AOO one
offers a simple summary table and big green download button. Very user
friendly. The new LO site does no have enough content yet to get a clear
impression of how it has improved.

From a support point of view I feel it would also be good to enforce visible
contact details for extension publishers. At present it can be difficult to
track down the author of an extension. I often find myself in forum answers
stating "(try to) contact the extension author" without being able to offer
much in the way of further assistance.

Best wishes, Owen.