On 04/17/2013 08:11 PM, Kracked_P_P---webmaster wrote:
On 04/17/2013 07:09 PM, Florian Effenberger wrote:
Hi,

thanks for the feedback!

Marc Paré wrote on 2013-04-17 22:13:

I have to say that I am not experiencing any of this at all! I am on:

MageiaLinux2
FF ESR 17.0.5

This sounds more like a result of the newest updates and security
options in FF[1] that may be triggering this behaviour.

You may want to read the description of these options and see if the
behaviour is similar to their descriptions.

hmmm... can Tim maybe try using a default profile, if it does the same thing then, or if it's a specific security setting he made?

Thanks
Florian

In Extensions - there is an "Ubuntu Firefox Modifications 2.6"
I have no non-default security options enabled right now.
There is noplug-ins or extensions that have anything to do with security.

I only noticed the "allow" button coming into play for the LO site when there was a start of the redirection to the donation page with the "standard" downloading pages. I never used the main download page[s] since it was much easier for me to use the "download-more" page when downloading all of the needed files for a DVD install version update.

I never saw it with any of the download from the wiki pages.
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation/Publications
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Gallery_Flyers
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Gallery_Logos

So I do not remember when it came about with any other non-LO related site. "I know that the Ubuntu Foxfire. . . " is dated for November.

So, it could be some Ubuntu specific issues with FF or some non-changeable option for the security of FF.

You safe-mode option via the terminal still gave me the same "allow" button.

I have disabled every extension and add on that I can, but I still get it.

I wonder if any other Ubuntu user is getting the same message. I will have to try an older machine with an older install of Ubuntu.

I read the security link for FF.

The more I think about it, the more it seems to be to be part of the "redirecting" notification security system that is a part of FF. I remember a while back having an option to have a white list for sites that I allow to redirect or even do a auto-refresh to their content. I now get the "allow" with both CNN and my weather site of choice. Both have some auto-refreshing content, and I get that "allow" button there as well.

So to get the .iso file to download, it may take the "allow" button to be pressed before the "page content" or the trigger for the save/download dialog to come up. I just cannot think of anything else it could be.