On 04/17/2013 04:14 AM, Erich Christian wrote:
Hi Tim,

Am 17.04.2013 02:53, schrieb Kracked_P_P---webmaster:
Let me know if the .iso file name could be changed to some better
"wording" so it works better.  I know Erich removes the date I place
on the end of it as a reference for my records [like my first DVD was
made July-6-2011, even if I tweaked the file later].
I'm fine with the wording as long as it fits upon the button and excepts
dots and autorun hints  :-D
but of course you can have your date, sorry, didn't know it was of
importance but assumed it to be kind of a habit ...

The date tag on my version works for me, but is not needed on the uploaded version[s]. I have a "working" version of the DVD .iso file that may be an updated version to the one that went to the mirrors. It helps me keep the versions straight for me and when I made them. Then the newest version files are uploaded to the web site version and made into a new .iso file. These changes may include documentation or other items that are not part of the list of install files for LibreOffice.

When 4.0.3 comes out, it will be based on the newest version of the DVD that may slightly differ from the .iso version that the LO mirrors currently have. At one point, I was creating a new version of the DVD every week or so to keep up with the new documentation available,

But, to be honest, I did not want to upload a new version of the .iso file every week or two to the server I have access to and then have someone push it to the file to the system that would be picked up by the mirrors. If I had the access to do the "pushing" then I might feel differently, but I really do not want access to that part of the process even if it was offered to me.

I have no problems with the removal of the date for these file names. I use the underline character for "word grouping brakes" with the dash to separate the words. I know that I do not want the "%20" or some other representation for the space character showing up in a file name.

LO-4.0.2_English-NA-DVD_All-Platforms_Multi-Lang_plus-extras_v1-April-07-2013.iso

LO-3.6.6_English-NA-DVD_All-Platforms_Multi-Lang_plus-extras_v1--April-12-2013.iso
LO-3.5.7_English-NA-DVD_All-Platforms_Multi-Lang_plus-extras_v2--Oct-23-2012.iso

Fro my "records", I only keep the latest [or last] of each line of LO. I have 3.4.6, 3.5.7, and now 3.6.6 as the only DVD .iso file on my system, plus the working version[s] of the current 4.0.x line.

The "plus-extras" part of the DVD is about half of the DVD content. The other half is the LO install files and the help/language packs.

We laugh at our mistakes, but scream at others who do the same mistakes.
If you cannot laugh at life, you will just have a wet face all the
time from crying about it.
yup, kind of funny folks on this planet,

cheers
Erich