On 04/16/2013 11:10 AM, Florian Effenberger wrote:
Hi,

Kracked_P_P---webmaster wrote on 2013-04-16 14:59:
I do like the fact that the donate page is displayed with the "save
file" dialog box.  My security on Firefox does not like it though, as
part of the pop-up blocking system. No problem though, just have to
allow pop-ups from LO pages.

your Firefox is blocking that because of a popup? Really? That is strange, because it is no popup, it is done via a refresh tag... maybe it is a different error message you see?

Florian

It is treating the redirecting of the page, with the "pop up" of the save dialog as something it does not know howto handle, so all I have to do is click the "allow" bar. I have seen this come up with some other sites in the past, like sourceforge.org.

I had not seen this "issue" needing "allow" to be clicked till Firefox updated to a newer version a few months ago. I do not rememberwhich version I started seeing this. They have changed their download monitoring "pop-up" that I have used for years and replaced with a "library" "window" that seems to be a part of the "history" options. FF is now on #20.0 for Ubuntu 12.04.

Well, I can live with what FF is now doing. Having to click "allow" to open a save dialog may be part of their security system when you do the combination of redirect to a new page and open a save/download dialog. I remember seeing an option a few years ago to allow redirects based on a "white list" of web sites,just like you have a white list of sites for pop-ups.

Of course, it could just be the combination of the different add-on I have and the different check box options checked. All I know is that it is one more step to deal with before I see a save/download dialog window after the download page redirects me to the donation page.