NAS for $1500, is 10 times what I have to spend on backup drives or internal systems, when I can get the money for equipment.

I am glad Florian and others have good contacts to get the needed equipment for keeping the servers supplied with the needed space. We could use all the help we can get with reducing the costs of both the equipment and the monthly costs of service.

For us local/regional people, with little ability to get company sponsorships, we rely on our own pockets to get the needed things to do the work and do the marketing. My pockets are based on a fixed income from having to quit working due to a debilitating set of injuries that took me out of the job market and into a wheelchair half the time.

The local work community is having more and more business close their doors or have their businesses barely keeping open. The only new jobs in the county are in the retail "mega malls" that opened up outside of the city proper. We just had one of our biggest "non-health-related" employers close its doors increasing the unemployment rate in the county by 1 or 2 percent.

So getting local sponsorship for anything is a real up-hill battle.