I think hes talking about NAS server.

On Sat, Nov 17, 2012 at 5:08 PM, webmaster-Kracked_P_P <
webmaster@krackedpress.com> wrote:

What do you mean by "invest in large storage"?

Are you talking about adding a larger set of drives to the servers, or are
you talking about new servers and storage devices to be added to the
current ones TDF uses?

How many TeraBytes of storage do TDF/LO have access to currently over how
many systems?

How many TBs are you talking about increasing to around this coming summer?

These figures would be nice to have when you "talk" about budgets and
storage needs.

-------------------

Of course, I think you can never have too much storage capacity. My Ubuntu
desktop has 5-TBs internally [1-TB, 2-TB, 2-TB] and 4-TB externally via USB
drives [2-TB, 2-TB].  I have almost 4-TB of files and data that the 2
external drives are used for backup, but I keep increasing the number of
files I store on my desktop.  An example is the fact that I rip all my CDs
to MP3 files and now have over 100 hours of Christmas music on my desktop
for the holidays.  I have almost every album that "The Carpenters" recorded
as well.  Then there are the other audio and video files I love to watch on
the computer, or streaming through the blu-ray player.

SO, I am a advocate for as much drive space for active and back up files
as one can afford.