Hello Drew,

Le Mon, 30 Jan 2012 11:31:06 -0500,
drew <drew@baseanswers.com> a écrit :

On Mon, 2012-01-30 at 17:04 +0100, Charles-H. Schulz wrote:
Hi,

I've opened a wiki page and feel free to add more links.
I think we should come up with a standard banner and a specific one
that points to this page, what do you think?
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/ACTA

best,

Well, I just wonder if you really want to start down this path - what
will be the response when the next issue comes up, what will be the
measuring stick used when deciding if it rises to the level deserving
a place on our collective resource? Who will decide?

Is the website a place to put the protest de jure, shall we have a one
day banner extolling the evilness of Twitter for deciding it has to
actually comply with the law in the countries it does commerce in?

I think the magnitude of the issue at hand (ACTA) is much, much bigger
than whatever online service and its change of policies.  There's a
point where we collectively are threatened, where this project is
threatened by what is not a piece of legislation, but something
that's been negotiated in secret and shoved down our throats like some
kind of "thing we must abide to" despite three rejections by several
parliaments. Many people agree with this
on this list; and I don't think that shutting up demonstrates good
principles. Certainly there's a healthy middle ground between being
some sort of soapbox for anyone to use and being a project that's too
scared of voicing an opinion. Heck, I don't think the LibreOffice
project has the notion of shutting up :-)  Yet, ACTA is something we
are all concerned with. Twitter can go up and down, tweet less or
squawk more, everyone's free to use other microblogging platforms.  I
don't think we can afford (yet) to use another Internet, another kind
of Free Software, and another kind of democracies.

Best,
--
Charles-H. Schulz
Member of the Board of Directors,