Hello there,

Le Fri, 27 Jan 2012 08:23:55 -0500,
webmaster for Kracked Press Productions <webmaster@krackedpress.com> a
écrit :

(snipped part of the thread)

What we need is a good info page stating what ACTA is about - as it
effects packages like LO.  I heard of this ACTA only yesterday so we
need to have some good info.  Also, I thing we need to include text
about what all these proposed [and enacted] laws/regulations are
meant to do, but what their impact would be for legal file transfer
sites and open-source/FOSS packages being shared via the Internet.
There has been legal file swapping sites being shut down because a
group states that they are doing something wrong - even if they are
not.  These attempts to reduce, or even wipe out, piracy is harming
the flow of legal file sharing or sites that allow you to legally
download files like LO and other legally sharable software and
multimedia.  I host a LO web site, which is a "testing portal" for my
DVD.  If I understand some of these regulations, I may have to close
that portal since I do not own the copyrights to LO and the FOSS
packages withing the online version of my DVD.  So a real good page
about piracy regulation [proposed and enacted] and sharing LO/FOSS is
really needed.

That is one example, yes. The other one will be the stronger (much
stronger) enforceability of software patents and closing down of
websites will be ordered without judges consent. That directly affects
FOSS and LibreOffice. I was wondering, would you like to put together
such a text? We'd put it on our website along with the various other
public links.

Best,

--
Charles-H. Schulz