2011/12/3 Jonathan Aquilina <eagles051387@gmail.com>

On 03/12/2011 15:02, Rogerio Luz Coelho wrote:

Ok I am testing the new forum at forum-test.libreoffice.org and I have
some
questions:

1st) Who is responsible for the translations ? I am part/moderator of the
documentation team for Pt-br and it seems something need to get a little
more "user-friendly" for the Potuguese translations.

All translations have come from the phpbb site as packages. Could you
elaborate on what you mean by more user friendly.

Well it seems the welcome messages (e-mail) and the messages we see when
registering are made in European Portuguese (pt), but the majority of users
of LibO are Brazilian (pt-br) so it seems we are seeing something written
by some uptight grandfather ... no errors, just feels ugly. But that is
biased, when a pt speaker reads a pt-br site he feels some uneasiness also.
Just wondering IF it would be possible for a future fix on these
interfaces.

 2nd) Can we have a auto-detect feature to set our localization to the
right
language (same as we got in the main libreoffice site) ?

I am not sure but its not a bad idea at all. it will keep the amount of
clutter on the main forum page and will allow users to see only the
language they want.

Yep

3rd) Can we have instead of showing all the different forum languages in
the main page this page localized and when I want to change this
localization we whould have a dropdown menu on the page (similar to other
projects)? This way it will become less cumbersome in the long run
(imagine
100 languages listed in the main page)

See above

Well, there is a difference in these features, but its theoretical, I can
see that the best solution would be to change them both obviously :)

 4th) When the migration to production occurs will the messages be
migrated?
This will determine the level of acuracy / comitment people will be
incentivated to achieve in this testing envirorment.

If I am not mistaken the forums will go live as is, but if we opt we can
remove the testing posts that are already there.

Oh, I prefer it to go live with the posts that are there already, just
asking so I can *SPREAD THE WORD* ... :)

Rogerio