Hello again,

I.e. nl-sites just use the english structure as a guide for their own
content, in effect many nl-projects do end up in "just" translating
the english site, also your proposal strongly suggests that.
Well, I can see the good thing about the flexibility. In my case, not being good at html and pressed for time, I did use the English site mercilessly as a cribsheet. You were right in the sense that once you get the hang of it, it's not hard. But the very first time you're dumped in the silverstripe main screen is a bit... scary. For one thing I was half worried I'd break the English site if I hit the wrong button.

What might be good would be a couple of skeleton templates for new/small locales with lots of

<put your text here and then hit save>
<to link to sub-page, create a new page first by pressing...>

stuff just to get you over the first hurdle.

However: How would you put the nl-project's pages in the face of
visitors? Just redirecting to<nl>.libreoffice.org won't do - as many
are still in heavy constructions, only have a tiny fraction of the
content available on the english site, and people were against putting
a list of locales in the header/footer for similar reasons.
Well... if it was easier to navigate between the English site and other locales, having an automatic redirect wouldn't be so much of a problem. Anyway, even without the redirect, I can't see what the issue would be with a Wikipedia style language bar on the left or right which allows you to navigate between languages if corresponding pages exist. People seem to cope very well with different Wikipedias offering different amounts of info depending on the language; I don't see what this should be different.

I'm afraid I don't have anything more "concrete" to propose but I didn't just want to mutter darkly to myself to find out years later that it was just some simple oversight :)

Best

Michael