Hi Michael, *,

On Thu, Nov 3, 2011 at 8:10 PM, Michael Bauer <fios@akerbeltz.org> wrote:
03/11/2011 16:07, sgrìobh Christian Lohmaier:
[...]
When I preview the site it looks like I get a "site within a site". I've
tried judiciously deleting the bits from the html (like the disclaimer) to
stop it appearing twice but not much luck, it buggers up the whole thing.
What am I not getting, any ideas?

Erich answered that one as well, just a little more details from my side..
The header, the navigation, the footer and stuff is all generated
automatically - otherwise you'd have to maintain all the links
yourself, and that would be a pain in the a...

So when you copy from a page viewed as regular visitor (and not
copying from the html-source view of the CMS's editor), you only need
what is within the
of the page and inserted automatically as well

But then again: copying of the source is only needed when the page
contains some fancy layouting stuff. For most of the pages you just
create the page from scratch as you would do in LibreOffice, i.e. use
the corresponding header/paragraph,... styles from the editor's
dropdown.

Or you just copy the plaintext, and then format it as header, paragraph.

Only bother with the html-source when you think "How they heck would I
position the elements like on the original page" :-D

ciao
Christian