Hi Nik, hi David, all!

Am Freitag, den 18.02.2011, 03:37 +1100 schrieb Nik:
Hi all,

On 6:59 AM, David Nelson wrote:
Hi, :-)

I'd love to see some different ideas from the other guys, especially Paulo, and
from Nikash...

David Nelson
Geez David that's mighty flattering of you. You'll make a grown man
blush with that kinda talk old chap =)

I'm sorry if I've missed the boat or if better ideas were discussed,
I've a mountain of Email to conquer, I just wanted to respond quickly.

Cool, thanks for the proposal ... and moreover, thanks for jumping
especially since your time is limited (as I know very well).

I've uploaded another idea here;
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/File:FundraisingBanner.jpg

Great, looks very good!

Independent from the proposal, and more related to the process, what
"panics" me a bit is, that we currently have different proposals and
online and offline discussions that are not that helpful to streamline
the style - and this is needed in my point-of-view. At least if we want
to provide a banner for the German publisher, or even to provide some
versions to be spread among community websites.

So, I'd like to ask you for holding the breath (more or less), so that I
can collect everything I'm aware about on a wiki page. I hope that this
will make our life much easier ... it worked very well for the icons, so
let's do that for the banner as well. Even if it costs another few
hours. Agreed?

In the meantime, it is great to see that we have a solution that works
now. Thus, a lot of thanks to Bernhard, Christian, Matt, David,
Florian, ...

Ah, and Nik, is there a chance to borrow some minutes of your precious
time for some focused discussion or to get the source of your proposal?

While I'd agree that the current banner is clear, I think it is
important to create a /pleasant/ atmosphere around the progress-meter
(which the blue will do nicely, and red, for me at least, is creating
uneasiness and certainly not a positive association), not a sense of
panicked-urgency even /if/ that is the case.

Totally agreed.

I also think it shouldn't
be contained in a conventional box/banner because people have become
immune to top-banner ads, there is a greater chance they will ignore it
if it looks like an advertisement.

Well, agreed as well. I mentioned this "potential issue" some days ago -
here is my proposal of a non-bannerish version I've proposed some days
ago:
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/cgi_img_auth.php/d/d1/2011-02-13_Christoph_Idea_Foundation_Donation_Banner_Website.png

(By the way, the stacked triangle is a hidden progress meter ...)

Oh and I should mention, the current banner breaks the page formatting
on my computer. See capture;
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/File:BrokenBanner.jpg
(I'm in the unfortunate position of using an old windows XP machine /
resolution 1280x800 / Firefox3.6.13, but I imagine there's plenty of
people in this ruddy old boat)

Strange - something that had been reported earlier as well, but couldn't
be reproduced.

Again, disregard this if it's too late. Sorry I couldn't help earlier.
Time, she is always running out on me.
-Nik

The more I'm happy for your ideas and your proposal!

Okay, I'll start the wiki page and will report back. If you think that
idea does not help much, then please speak up - there is plenty of other
stuff that waits for being worked on (including other funding stuff).

Cheers,
Christoph