Hello Bernhard,

Le Thu, 03 Feb 2011 15:12:37 +0100,
Bernhard Dippold <bernhard@familie-dippold.at> a écrit :

Hi Charles, all,

just for clarification:

charles.h.schulz schrieb:
Hello Narayan, everyone,

[... 6 months ...]

Until that stage:

1) no discussion about Drupal on this list.

2) no "major overhaul" of the website.

But implementation of UX and Design - I can't determine if this will
be a major or minor overhaul.

it still would be minor or considered minor imho.

What this does not mean: 1) we can't change the way some of the
content is presented on the website. (see the wiki page for this) 2)
we can't improve the website in minor ways. 3) we can't fix bugs.

Double negation:
It is allowed to change the presentation of the website content.
It is allowed to improve the website (whatever "minor ways" mean)
It is allowed to fix bugs.

Yes.

Yes, there comes a time when the website is "completed" and where
only incremental improvements are needed.

But this goal has not been achieved. Please read Christoph's comments
on the wiki.

Again: LibreOffice is not about a website nor about letting people
satisfy their passion about web design, at least not primarily.

But one if it's goals is to reach people - therefore a good website
is important.

I think no one denies that?

We do not want a website that keeps on changing because people think
their way is better. We (the SC) do not want to reopen yet another
thread about these topics.

The website team had to hold off with their comments until the
present website was ready. This means, that it is *now* exactly the
time to discuss optimizations.

I can't believe that you - and the entire SC - think the website
doesn't need any improvement.

I never implied that.  I just don't want us to change the website in a
major way, that's somewhat different.

At the moment development is going in the wrong direction (text vs
graphics) - and this must be allowed to discuss.

The level of energy and effort spent on
this topic (the website) is ridiculously high compared to what we
need to to work on.

Right - but I hope this will settle, once the team found it's common
way.

I'm afraid that it's been 2 to 3 months that the team is looking for a
common way...

We're therefore glad that there are people who
want to help but there comes a point where it's not helpful, because
someone's always pushing, pushing and always pushing. Same thing
with respect to the website confcall: we haven't agreed on working
again on overhauling the website, we haven't agreed on changing the
website team, which for the sake of clarity is composed of the same
4 people the SC has appointed.

I'm quite sure you don't mean what you wrote: The website team
doesn't consist of 4 people only!

It's a larger group - with the four people as "guides" in their
respective area of interest.

Yes, I believe I even wrote that these 4 persons were "community
enablers" this morning...

This doesn't mean that their opinions are the only reasonable ones,
they have to follow the expertise from the team (and outside experts)
in certain cases, even if this is not what they would do when they
had to decide on their own.

Exactly.

By the way: The SC decision for the four "leads" doesn't include a
marketing expert - perhaps this could be reconsidered (or we
cross-post our main questions to the marketing list).

I'm sure Italo can help without cross-posting to the marketing list.

best,
Charles.