Hi Narayan, Mike, :-)

For the present, you need to take account of the fact that work on the
website is currently being led by a four-person team: myself for
content, Ivan and Christoph as regards design (CSS, graphics), and
Christian. Therefore, these people have to be in agreement about the
decisions on developing the site. In turn, we implement the guidelines
and decisions of the SC. The SC is the final owner of the site, in its
role as custodian and federator of the community.

Therefore, no action or decisions are possible without consulting all
of the above people, with the SC having final veto.

You can certainly approach the SC and request a change as regards the
four-man team. For that, the best thing would be to come up with a
document laying out your ideas, and then to request an agenda item
before an SC meeting, so that the issue can be discussed and voted on
at the following meeting. In that case, you should be there at the
meeting, and I think you'd probably be asked to vocally present your
case.

But the SC will, in any case, always be the ultimate owner and
decision-taker as regards the website. That's the way it is and, in my
opinion, the way it should be.

Mike, you listened to my ideas during the last confcall, so you have a
pretty good idea where I stand about all that. ;-)

Guys, it would be so much better if we could move on past these
discussions about the raison d'ĂȘtre of the website team. It would be
so much easier to possibly achieve a good number of the things you
want, if we could work together contructively as a team and committed
members of the project, putting our support behind the project
governance and making a positive net contribution to the project.

Shouldn't we just get back to work on the site content? ;-)

David Nelson