Hi Michael,

Why does it not have blogs, wiki and forum? (they get filled up by visitors; not
content-writers.)

A forum and heavily integrated communication and support system is
coming with Drupal which will support communication through mailing
list, forum and XML. I am not sure how we would migrate items from a
Silverstripe forum to a Drupal forum as they have to be attributed to
a user.
Please be patient, Drupal is only a couple of months off.

I was talking of the SilverStripe version, which was supposed to fill the void.

There is no significant activity there.

These are formation days for LibO community; so I expect more content (policies, directions) coming
from the leadership.

The website structure should focus on recruiting people in different streams, and guide them to
proper page.

Each landing page for a specific type of stakeholder (coder, documenter, etc.) should brief the new
visitor thoroughly.

It should explain the workflow, and provide links to all resources, tools and repositories.

Also, SilverStripe forums would have been a welcome relief from these darned mail lists.

Unless there is a discussion and decision otherwise I suggest that we
all align our efforts with the SC decision and work towards improving
the content on Silverstripe and the further consulting with project
teams leading to the final Drupal site.

Well, if the Drpal site was say a year down the road, I'd say SilverStripe was worth a shot.

But the fact is, the SilverStripe project is almost telescoping into Drupal project.

Even if contents are added within next 10 days, the useful life will be 2 months max.

Then there's the headache of migrating everything to Drupal! I wonder if this is really worth the
effort.

So, rather than adding features in SilverStripe, it may be better to populate it with static
contents.

Examples are:

From the SC: FAQ, Policy statements, roadmap, sticky threads at each forum for newcomers.

From the marketing team: Description about LibO (how it is different from OOo), branding inputs

Come to think of it, these contents can be placed in the Drupal site directly.

It seems to be mature enough structurally. New sections can be added in parallel.

I volunteer to be a moderator at Drupal.

-Narayan