Hi Marc,

Le 15/11/10 11:57, Marc Paré a écrit :

Ahh! Great idea! Although, this sounds more like a user-help question.
We would then have to be concerned about spammers, nasties etc.
uploading files to the Website for nothing. I guess we would have to
make sure that there were conditions preventing this.

Judging from the recent spamming I've had on my OOo user account on the
bugs I'd raised or been involved with in the past, I would say that even
IssueZilla is fallible to those kind of attacks (admittedly it doesn't
use captcha or anything like that (or at least it didn't when I signed
all those years ago :-)). In the past week, at least 5 of the bug issues
I worked on / raised as QA and which had been resolved (some of them
many years ago) have been the subject of attempted virus/trojan
attachment attacks. Any system that might be put in place for LibO would
have to, if possible, try and avoid that pitfall for the people being
notified by new submissions. OK, I'm wary enough not to use a mail
reader that automatically opens attachments, nor do I go around clicking
on them willy-nilly, but even so, there is still the potential for harm.

Were you part of the long discussion on bug-submission and some (like
myself) recommending a mentor/helper helping users submitting bugs? This
would almost seem alike. In this case, the user would send the file to
the mentor/helper for an initial look at the problem. If the
mentor/helper could not solve the problem with his resoureces (some
other helpers could be asked to look at the file), then either the
mentor/helper or the user would submit the bug. This may be a better way
of accomplishing your suggestion and avoids the potential trouble with
users flooding the website space with large amounts of files (read
spammers). At least the user-mentor/helper scenario would be more
intimate (the user would have a real person attached to his problem) and
the file upload would only go to the mentor/helper.

We had a similar system in the N-L French group, because most of the
French users didn't want to, or simply couldn't, get to grips with
having to fill in bug reports in English on the IssueZilla site. I
personally think that that system worked rather well : the user would
submit a bug to other users on the N-L list, those who understood IZ/IT
would test to try and reproduce and confirm, and then if confirmed,
would submit the issue. So yes, I can see that a similar sort of
procedure would work here with LibO. But like I said, this was sort of
self-organised from within the Native Lang group.

Alex