Perhaps the mailing list functionality has more of a place on the development side than for
ordinary users.
//James

James,
This IS the major problem, if we have functional separation of the
development team and the end users (the vast majority of which have
never even heard of mailing lists) means that the development will not
reflect the requirements and feelings of the end user and we will end
up with a useless product. The key is to merge, or sometimes force all
of the factions together into one organised community.

We seem to be progressing well on this front with the Drupal
development build, we have the forums functional and the email
notifications, now it is just a matter of configuring the 'submit
forum reply by email' system and we should have solved much of the
bickering. We then just need a way to integrate news servers and cure
world hunger. It is amazing what Drupal can do when you have this much
talent in one community.

Michael Wheatland
www.libreofficeaustralia.org