Hi Christoph, *,

On Sat, Nov 6, 2010 at 12:14 AM, Christoph Noack <christoph@dogmatux.com> wrote:
Am Donnerstag, den 04.11.2010, 14:49 +0100 schrieb Dr. Bernhard Dippold:
- ... probably forgot something ...

Easily referring to posts being (also) available public: I like to
provide traceability, so referring to mails or posts is essential for
me. At the moment, I manage my mails with desktop mail client, but when
referring to it, I have to look up the posts in public mail archives.
(Maybe there is already a better way, but I never found it *g*).

Ah, thanks for bringing this up - I also find myself looking up the
msg-id and using the archive's search on that

But now that we are in control, it should be possible to create a
corresponding header for mail-archive.com
http://www.mail-archive.com/faq.html#listserver
"For advanced integration, add a reference to the specific archive
message in the footer. We also recommend transmitting the URL via an
RFC5064 header, such as Archived-At:
<http://go.mail-archive.com/6B4LX8klSXjr7Ot_gvb6ZkUybHI=>. This python
implementation demonstrates the hash calculation used by The Mail
Archive."

Thanks for reminding me of this - I thought of this already when the
kenai migration did start at OOo, but there it was a dead end ...

ciao
Christian