Re: [libreoffice-users] Survey: Usage of LibreOffice components

On Sunday 28 Nov 2010 19:50:59 Jeff Causey wrote:
> > I'd like to know which components are most used and maybe why others
> > are not. If you used OpenOffice before you can include your usage data
> > as well.
> >
> > Do you use the quick starter?

I write for a living and use OO Writer (I'll switch to LO obviously once my
distro packages it, but I'd rather not use a Beta release for work). My stats
would be Writer 99%, everything else occasionally mostly to view stuff people
send me. Maybe 3-4 times a year I use Calc to make a table to accompany an
article. Sometmes Draw is handy to convert vector formats, but I use Inkscape
for illustrations.

I haven't disabled the QuickStarter but I haven't noticed it recently. But one
reason I like KDE is the 'save session' default. I shut down with all my apps
open, and when I reboot they open again. That usually included a couple of OO
documents so QS is irrelevant.

--
regards
Phil Thane