Am 28.11.2010 20:26, schrieb Peter Lairo:
Do you use the quick starter?

No!

I always turn the damn thing off, and it annoys me that the "quick
starter" (aka needlessly-slow-down-my-PC-startup-time) is still ON by
default. No application should be so arrogant as to start-up with the OS
per default. You don't know what apps the users *typically* uses (I
browse and play RAM-hungry games). I can't (well, it's OSS, so I can)
believe this dreaded default hasn't been turned off by now.

Hi Peter

I actually turn this thing on.

For me it's OK, that some people like it and some don't.

It can be switched on - for those who like it - and it can be switched off - for those who don't like it.

There are of course different opinions and it can be discussed, if the default setting should be one way or the other. However, somebody calling it "the damn thing" and so on, just gives people like me some very negativ feelings. (Me, using a damn thing?!)

And I don't think that is alright!

It would be OK, if you would say, that you don't like it and would prefer to have it switched off by default.

Such would leave a better spirit in this newsgroup.

Thanks for your understanding.

Greetings from Switzerland,
Rolf