[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[libreoffice-users] Re: [tdf-discuss] Re: Survey: Usage of LibreOffice components
- Subject: [libreoffice-users] Re: [tdf-discuss] Re: Survey: Usage of LibreOffice components
- From: Sebastian Spaeth <Sebastian@SSpaeth.de>
- Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2010 15:23:27 +0100
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cc: email@example.com
On Sun, 28 Nov 2010 20:26:07 +0100, Peter Lairo <PeterLairo@gmail.com> wrote:
> No application should be so arrogant as to start-up with the OS
> per default.
Then you will be delighted to hear that it has been effectively turned
off in Linux by default, if I overheard it correctly.
> It seems OO (and LO even more so) still hasn't understood the REAL
> reason why people overwhelmingly choose non-OSS software (Firefox being
> the *exception*): Usability, and a rational understanding what a regular
> user *really* is (clue: it's not you).
hey hey there, take a chill pill. There might be many reasons why people
choose MS Office, but the quickstarter itself will not be it. And as for
accusing LO to not understanding reasons BLABLA. LibO is now 1 months &
1 day old, sorry for not having saved the world and creating world piece
I am sure we will get to a sensible feature and default set, at least I
see that as one of the advantages of not being controlled by a single
corporate entity anymore. Previously, they could do whatever they (and
their marketing dep. wanted).
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
List archive: http://www.libreoffice.org/lists/users/
*** All posts to this list are publicly archived for eternity ***
|[libreoffice-users] Survey: Usage of LibreOffice components||"Sebastian G. <bastik>" <email@example.com>|
|[libreoffice-users] Re: Survey: Usage of LibreOffice components||Peter Lairo <PeterLairo@gmail.com>|
- Prev by Date: [libreoffice-users] Re: Survey: Usage of LibreOffice components
- Next by Date: Re: [libreoffice-users] Survey: Usage of LibreOffice components
- Previous by thread: [libreoffice-users] Re: Survey: Usage of LibreOffice components
- Next by thread: [libreoffice-users] Re: Survey: Usage of LibreOffice components