Re: [libreoffice-users] Survey: Usage of LibreOffice components

On Monday 29 Nov 2010 11:35:22 James Wilde wrote:
> Calc is mostly used now for membership lists and accounting in our local
> Gardening club, and I have been thinking about Base for the membership
> bit. After reading in Francois' email that he finds it easy to use, I'll
> probably give it a go.

Years ago when OO BAse first came out I did a piece about it. I took my wife's
gardening club spreadsheet (Excel) opened it in OO Calc, exported as .csv.
Imported into Base, set up forms etc. I know SFA about databases but I made it
work OK.

Wife then went back to Excel for all the usual reasons:

She knows it
She uses it at work
When she stopped being club sec she had to hand on the membership list to the
next 'volunteer'.

--
regards
Phil Thane