Hi :)
That sounds interesting!  How do you create a "fillable field"?  I know
about hybrid Pdfs but fillable fields sounds like something that could be
used outside of LO.
Regards from
a Tom :)

On 30 April 2018 at 22:57, Remy Gauthier <remygauthier@yahoo.com> wrote:

Le lundi 30 avril 2018 à 21:53 +0000, Virgil Arrington a écrit :
On 04/30/2018 05:49 PM, Ben Oliver wrote:
On 18-04-30 21:43:00, Virgil Arrington wrote:
This is intriguing. I just looked over my options with LO 6.0.3
in
saving as a PDF and I don't easily see any method of saving as a
"fillable PDF form." Can you give a quick explanation of how to
do that?

Like Tom, I've always thought of PDF as a generally non-editable
format,
although I have used fillable PDF forms before. I've just never
known
how to create a fillable PDF. Can it be done from within LO?

Virgil

My understanding is that it's a feature pretty much only covered
by
Adobe software. That includes filling out a form.

Things may have changed since I last checked.

That was my thinking as well, which is why I'm intrigued by the
possibility of doing it directly within LO.

When you create a Writer document with fillable fields, the resulting
PDF supports having these fields edited. I just tried this with LO
6.0.3 and Evince (Linux). I suspect the same will apply to Acrobat
Reader.
Rémy.
deleted