Hi :)
It can take time to adjust to any new system, 'even' LibreOffice.  The
changes between any version of MS Office and another are often troubling to
users too.

If you need "ammunition" then hopefully something below might help.  I'm
not very diplomatic so you might need to assess and rephrase.  I've not
succeeded in doing any decent migrations.  People have simply refused to
even try it despite my attempts to make it as easy as possible for them.
So you have already done better than me.

One advantage that non-MS systems have is that between different versions
of the same software the look&feel and normal handling rarely changes.
Even moving from one non-MS system to another tends to involve a lot less
surprises and disruption.  With non-MS systems new features tend to just
get added or existing ones get streamlined without radically changing the
whole look&feel of the entire system.

Formats tend to remain the same between different versions and, again,
between different non-MS systems.  Non-MS systems tend to stick to
internationally agreed standards that have been decided by a committee of
hundreds of different companies and individuals.  Any time one doesn't it's
fairly easy to let them know and they will try to correct it (just don't
hold your breath on it being done quickly).  This may be one of those
times.

MS systems tend to change their format with each new version of their
software.  They managed to get international agreement for one of their
formats but they haven't been able to implement it consistently between
different versions of their own software - instead they have various
"transitional" versions even though they use the same name for each
different format.

Another BIG advantage of NON-MS systems is that you can run old familiar
systems alongside new ones.  Running 2 different versions of
LibreOffice/OpenOffice is possible although not completely
straight-forwards.  More usefully it IS very easy to run LibreOffice
(and/or other non-MS system(s)) alongside MS Office.

So moving to LibreOffice can be a gentle "migration" rather than a forced
abrupt "switch" or one-step "move".

Trying to get 2 versions of MS Office running on one machine is almost
impossible and tends to involve crippling one of the versions.

So each move between different versions of MS Office is a forced switch to
an unfamiliar system.

There are many small advantages to LibreOffice/OpenOffice and to each
different non-MS system too but sometimes that can mean differences which
are often initially be seen as problematic.

One of the most useful (imo & ime) is the way "Styles" work.  Even a quick
skim-read of the chapter on "Styles" in the "Getting Started" guide;
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation/Publications
and hasty edit of styles can save quite a lot of time, which i initially
used to read more about them and make more changes but soon realised that i
could easily get carried away with My first adjustments to my Styles made
the most impact for me.

So moving away from MS Office can be trouble-some at first but it's VERY
well worth making the move and there is a good argument for doing so by
migrating.

MS Office can be free for a 1 month trial period;
https://products.office.com/en-gb/office-365-home
but then it's a monthly rental with a 1 year commitment.

Many regards (and apols for the long posting) from
Tom :)