-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
So I still need to go somewhere to find out how I install the
current version after I have it downloaded.
Thanks for the help and suggestions, everyone.
You could download the packages for your system here:
All versions are available here - also release-candidates of new version
For every installation on linux you could
- - install as root/SuperUser
- - install as user in your own directory
Install as root/SuperUser:
1. Upack the files you downloaded (program, help, language)
2. Create a directory which you could call as you want (local_sources)
3. Move the *.deb-packages (or *.rpm-packages) to this directory
4. Use your install-program and add the directory as a local source
for your installer.
5. Now you could choose the directory with your installer and could
install all packages from there.
For updates: You must only do step 1. and 3. again.
Install as user in your own directory
1. The same as above
2. The same as above, name of directory would be better LibreOffice
3. The same as above
4. Add a directory th the directory of 2.: "install"
5. Open the shell in the directory "install"
6. Start the following code:
a) for *.deb
for i in ../*.deb; do dpkg-deb -x $i . ; done
b) for *.rpm
for i in ../*.rpm; do rpm2cpio $i | cpio -id; done
You could start LO from the folder ../install/opt/libreoffice5.2/program
with the shellscript 'soffice'.
I have installed 20 versions of LO here beneath each other in this
way. So I could test with different versions, when I am looking for
first appearence of bugs.
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v2
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
To unsubscribe e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
Impressum (Legal Info)
: Unless otherwise specified, all text and images
on this website are licensed under the
Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
This does not include the source code of LibreOffice, which is
licensed under the Mozilla Public License (MPLv2
"LibreOffice" and "The Document Foundation" are
registered trademarks of their corresponding registered owners or are
in actual use as trademarks in one or more countries. Their respective
logos and icons are also subject to international copyright laws. Use
thereof is explained in our trademark policy