Hi Ken,

So I still need to go somewhere to find out how I install the
current version after I have it downloaded.

Thanks for the help and suggestions, everyone.

You could download the packages for your system here:
http://downloadarchive.documentfoundation.org/libreoffice/old/

All versions are available here - also release-candidates of new version
s.

For every installation on linux you could
- - install as root/SuperUser
- - install as user in your own directory

Install as root/SuperUser:
1. Upack the files you downloaded (program, help, language)
2. Create a directory which you could call as you want (local_sources)
3. Move the *.deb-packages (or *.rpm-packages) to this directory
4. Use your install-program and add the directory as a local source
for your installer.
5. Now you could choose the directory with your installer and could
install all packages from there.

For updates: You must only do step 1. and 3. again.

Install as user in your own directory
1. The same as above
2. The same as above, name of directory would be better LibreOffice
3. The same as above
4. Add a directory th the directory of 2.: "install"
5. Open the shell in the directory "install"
6. Start the following code:
a) for *.deb
for i in ../*.deb; do dpkg-deb -x $i . ; done
b) for *.rpm
for i in ../*.rpm; do rpm2cpio $i | cpio -id; done

You could start LO from the folder ../install/opt/libreoffice5.2/program
with the shellscript 'soffice'.

I have installed 20 versions of LO here beneath each other in this
way. So I could test with different versions, when I am looking for
first appearence of bugs.

Regards

Robert