Hi :)
Yeh, the 40mins does kinda assume that downloads all work correctly
and that you have some experience of doing it so that you don't have
to stop and read everything and maybe even do a bit of research to
check the accuracy or background of the various things that crop up.

We could help you try out Ubuntu another day maybe, if you are up for it.

Right now it's probably better to just focus on the one issue.
Regards from
Tom :)