Hi :)
Oh, and to answer the questions that were asked!

I do use the Pdfs from the "Published Guides" pages.  The main advantage is
that the index and chapter headings and such are all "clickable" to get me
to the correct topic very quickly.

I take Anne-ology's point about them being troublesome to add notes to (or
to copy chunks from) but the Pdfs are also in Odt format.

So i use whichever format seems best for what i need, or whichever one i
happen to "have most readily to hand" at a given moment.  So that is a bit
random.

I rarely use the in-built help but when i have it has usually been
excellent.  I am a bit of an aspie so maybe that helped - or maybe it is
just that the 'in-built' help is just excellent anyway.  I've never had a
problem with the 'in-built' help, except that sometimes i need more detail
and hand-holding to help me through something i really didn't understand -
so i went to the Published Guides or googled-it (err, or duck-duckj-go'd
it) to get the extra bit i needed.

Yes i appreciate that most normal users don't know simple computer usage
that has been around 'forever'.  I tend to click on the blue-circled
question mark rather than use F1.  If the 'in-built' help is not installed
locally then it usually takes me to it's on-line pages.  I don't think i
have had problems with any of that but i might not have noticed if it was
just a typical "computers don't always behave" type problem.

I am not sure what sort of format would be better.  I like it the way it
is.  If it changed i might grumble at first but then soon find i prefer the
new way.

I do like the video tutorials at "Spoken Tutorials";
http://spoken-tutorial.org/

I wish that other languages could take their structure and extend it into
other languages.  Other video channels all seem to be less well-organised
or more dependent on a single person or unsustainably tiny team.  However
it is nice to see a wealth of stuff out there and some interesting topics.

Regards from
Tom :)