Hi :)
I was really impressed to see the initial request for feedback *.  Also
with the responses.

Even more feedback might be generated through the social media channels.
Has anyone here got any good ideas of a good way of asking the question(s)
in so few characters?

The Documentation Team and the people working on the 'inbuilt' help and the
International Translators ARE all 'normal users' - or at least that is
usually how they were when they first started contributing their time and
skills to LibreOffice/OpenOffice.  Some work in more than one team and/or
move around between different teams but there is no formal "liaison" except
the generic "Projects" or "Discussion" mailing list.

The strongest informal links seem to be between the International
Translators and the 'in-built' help teams.  As a result it seems that the
'in-built' help is fantastic in all languages except English.   The English
version might be a little geeky, or "too perfect" or something else that
native English Speakers might find irksome.  Anyway the main point is that
it translates VERY well - so, many thanks to all involved!! :)))

The Documentation Team was blessed with an extremely good team-leader who
poured tons of work into the project for many years (and still can't quite
stop herself from helping at all levels (luckily!!)).  If there were a
medal for exceptionally good work and/or over a long time period then Jean
Weber deserves at least 10 of them.  However there are other people in the
Documentation Team, now and in the past, who have varying amounts of
experience and/or skill.  Sometimes it helps to have someone new and with
no skill or experience to proof-read to see how a 'normal' user might view
it or to see what a fresh pair of eyes sees.  Sadly such people often learn
very quickly so a constant influx of 'noobs' might help! :)

* One problem that many community-led organisations have is the feeling
that asking other users how they feel or what they think is unnecessary
because everyone is free to jump in on any team's work at any time.  Teams
such as Documentation often require a higher level of commitment and often
require some knowledge or understanding in order to be able to contribute.
Also there is far tooo much being done in far too many areas for almost
anyone to be able to spend enough time figuring out what all the different
teams are doing at any given moment.

So i think an occasional open-ended poll of 'normal' users (incl those from
other parts of the project) is truly excellent.

Many, many thanks to everyone who has already responded, or already been
involved or even is just lurking here.
Regards from
Tom :)