Hi Davidaa
Le 25/06/2015 05:18, dallen a écrit :
Hi all,

First, thanks to everyone for all the responses. They're really helpful; I
think I'm getting a picture of what is happening here. I hope more people
add their thoughts even if they're identical or similar to what has already
been said. Repetition will give more meaning.

You should also take into account that our community is international,
so the documentation may exist on different forms on the native language
projects.
The first documentation available to all users, whatever the language,
is the off line help, which is then duplicate to the wiki help. This
documentation needs much more love and is more and more outdated. We are
aware of it and would like to set a group to work on it. That is what
Jonathon has explained.
The l10n group is doing the QA on the UI and the off line help of the
en_US version. Some of them produce also help articles.

Hi Jonathan,

"For starters, there are three different groups that are involved in
creating/maintaining documentation. Each group has its own templates,
set of procedures, priorities, and barriers to participation."

Three groups? 1) pdf 2) Online help

Who else?

The PDF files are produced by the documentation team, Online help is
what you find on the wiki help but also off line, maintained by
developers and l10n team. The third group is the Native Language
projects where documentation, marqueting, websites, QA etc are
translated and documented.

If you would like to work on the documentation, there is a huge need for
the off line help, several functionalities are not documented at all and
could be lost for the users.
The users guide are done by the documentation team, you just need to
jump on the list and ask for an account on the ODFAuthors site, and
follow the workflow there. Let me know if you have other questions.
Kind regards
Sophie

GSM: +33683901545
IRC: sophi