On 16/01/15 13:27, Alan B wrote:

I'm not familiar with a forum like that (esp the "no registration, no passwords" part).

I've come across a couple of forums that meet those two specifications.

They either are spam havens, of the moderators work 7/24/365 approving
messages that are posted to them.

Either way, I don't see that as a viable option for LibO support.

###

What I think is needed, though I am not sure how to implement it, is:
# Supplementary Documentation:
* PDFs that contain solutions to specific, frequently encountered issues;
* PDFs that are Basic user guides.
The Documentation Team currently provides this type of documentation.

# Core Documentation:
* A comprehensive wiki that covers every detail of every aspect of LibO,
in excruciating detail.
@ There is a page that documents what each line in the source code does;
@ There is a page that explains why each variable in the source code is
used;
@ There is a page that explains what each function in the source code is
supposed to do;
@ There is a page that addresses each bug filed in bugzilla;
@ There is a page that provides an answer for each question posted to
the AOo, LibO, and OOo mailing lists;
@ There is a page for each question posted to FaceBook, Twitter, Google
+, etc;
@ Each article contains between 2,000 and 5,000 words;
@ Each article has pointers to articles that cover specific items within
the article, in greater depth;
@ Each article has pointers to articles for which this article is "of
greater depth". Reverse-pointers, if you will.
* A set of PDFs that contain the same data as the wiki, but compiled as
if it is a book on the general (specific) topic;

This is the hard set to write. In theory, the current documentation team
could do it, but it lacks the person-power to do so.
The end result is at least 10^8 pages in English, with an equivalent
number for every language that LibO supports.

As a practical matter, everything in the supplementary documentation
should also be in the core documentation. The major difference being
that the the supplementary documentation is independently written, and,
if appropriate, that content is ported to the wiki, rather than from the
wiki. The secondary content is original, constructed with minimal
referencing of the wiki.

jonathon