Just an FYI. I'm using GitHub for info on some computer hardware and will be adding a repository
for SQLite query code for my LambTracker program that is a separate repository there. In fact am
looking at either a link to Scrivener files or ODT files for my query info. I

There are many GitHub project that are not code at all.

Some of the private repositories use GitHub to manage huge document collections as in laws and
things for various government entities.

The thing GitHub does not seem to handle well is when the item that has the changes is an image.
How to keep changes to graphics is not an easy problem. You can save the entire new picture file
but a better way would be to save the changes only. Not easy though.