Hi :)
Ahh, nicely done Mark! :)  I wasn't looking forwards to trying to
address each separate issue.  I can't seem to figure out how to
intersperse replies like that and rarely ever want to anyway.  It's
excellent for things like this though :)

Also thanks for mentioning that we are almost all volunteers giving
"peer led" advice.  It reminded me of the shock i got when i first
started using mailing-lists/forums for advice.  Before that i had only
ever used telephone support which inevitably only gets 1 person's
opinion or tries to follow a script that i rarely fit into.  I found
it interesting to get such different viewpoints and inevitably at
least 1 would be a huge help.  On the one hand it was a shock to get
such rude answers so often and it sometimes felt like that 1 person
was speaking for the whole mailing-list but then someone else would
appear with a completely different attitude.  On the other hand people
seem more interested in solving the problems and discussions even
sometimes run on long after the case is closed.  All VERY different
from typical telephone where they have to just close the tickets fast.

Hopefully we have been able to help David solve most of his issues now
but i think there are probably at least a couple things still lurking
or that need further explanation.  Also it would be good to get some
of his advice forwarded to the marketing list.  Other people have
expanded on or added some points.  It's best done by the "original
poster" but would be good if those other people could help support him
on that list.  In the past i have tried to represent people's issues
from this list but that got me the reputation of being a troll over
there.  They wanted proof the issues had been raised by other people
and when i gave proof they attacked me for posting too much
unnecessary traffic.  So, it's better if the original poster, David,
raises the issues but then he might need some support from people
here.

Anyway.  David, if you need us to elaborate on any advice given so far
then please let us know.  It's great if you can let us know how you
get on anyway, especially since you seem to be solving the problems
now.  Further questions are probably best posted as fresh new emails
to this mailing list rather than trying to "reply to all" and then
editing the subject-line.  When i have a problem I tend to find it
best to ask questions first and then hit the books and google-it etc,
if i find the answer first then i post the answer to the list to let
people know it's solved.  It usually takes people a few hours to
respond as we are all in different parts of the world.

Good luck and regards from
Tom :)

On 9 January 2014 21:58, Mark Bourne