Hi :)
Ahhh, the Wubi.  For most people it does work really well and for many years but just occasionally
it runs into weird problems that just don't happen on a proper dual-boot system.

The Wubi is installed inside Windows and depends on MS Windows co-operating with the Ubuntu.
Various crucial systems such as the boot-loader and the file-system are basically MS systems
instead of the proper Gnu&Linux ones.  The Gnu&Linux ones are built to be stable.  Years ago
several antivirus programs would inaccurately report various false-positives.  There are other
distros which also have clever ways of installing inside Windows without having to resort to too
many layers or emulators or virtual machines but the whole idea seems flawed to me.  MS are not
renowned for co-operating with other systems.  Still, a lot of good work goes in and the systems
are usually stable for most people but a few are unlucky without any obvious reason.

Sorry Virgil!
Apols and regards from
Tom :)