An interesting observation Virgil.

When I went to school, mind you it was several lifetimes ago and in the backwoods of the Australian
outback so it may not be too relevant to anywhere else on the planet but, I was told to always
leave a double space at the end of every sentence. That was with hand writing, before typewriters
were invented, at least there were none within several hundred miles of where I grew up.
These days with modern word processors I just don't bother to even try and insert two spaces at the
end of sentences but I suppose I should, it certainly looks nicer and may even be proper.
It would be nice if modern word processors at least provided the option of a setting to do this
automatically. Perhaps it should be the default setting.

(please note no double spaces used in this text)

Cheers all,

Bruce Carlson