Hi :)
It seems to be for a fairly specific area of Italy.  I'm not even sure if the dialect has a
separate name.

In England we have a lot of different types of 'English' some of which are completely
incomprehensible to an outsider living as far as 30miles away.  None of my family ever understood
my Gran for example, but she was always there offering cups of tea with a rock-hard scone or
porridge only slightly less runny than cement (actually it was all good stuff really but don't tell
her that).  In the case of cockney that was a deliberate attempt to avoid passing anything onto
"the old bill" by accident.  Liverpudlian and Geordie are perhaps due to different peoples having
invaded us at different times and different kingdoms all over the place or different tribes
claiming different parts.  I'm sure it's much the same in any other country.

Regards from
Tom :)