On Thu, Jun 13, 2013 at 1:50 PM, Tom Davies <tomdavies04@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

Hi :)
It would be really great if more of us could learn how to "mark as
duplicate" and other triaging stuff.  Even just a few people here learnt
what is in some of those drop-downs that would be good.  I'm completely
hopeless at remembering that sort of thing but there is a competition
coming up soon and it would be great if the Users List were able to walk
off with some of the prizes.  It's a t-shirt rather than a cup or trophy
for the top 10 so it's a tad more useful!

In general we don't want users playing around with the stuff on top unless
they take a little time to get involved with QA - mainly because there are
nuances and more times than not users mark something incorrectly (like
updating the version when tested against a newer release which is not the
correct workflow)  and then QA has to go and reverse everything and explain
policies.

For anyone interested in learning about QA stuff I recommend reading
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/QA/BugTriage which breaks down workflow
relatively well.

And yes, I do invite everyone to participate in our triage
competition/event and to join our QA channel where you'll find quite a few
helpful people to get you started :)

Hope that didn't come off as rough, just want to be clear that the top
section is meant to be for people who know what they are doing - and
learning requires individuals to be a little proactive. Plenty of people
(myself included) offer help all the time, definitely willing to meet
people half way if they want to join - you (Tom) know more than most that
we could surely use the help :)

Warm Regards,
Joel
--