Thanks for all the replies.

Jay
Yes, I have a similar structure to the id/idfam you suggested.  If for
example, I am displaying family 2 (Smith) I need a way of getting the 2 in
place of f.id in your query, to display only Art, Sue and Ann in the Roll
data sheet. (e.g. WHERE idFam = 2)

Hank
Thanks for your reply.  Are you using the HSQL database.  The linking works
fine there, but not if you are using the H2 database as I am.

Dan
Thanks for pointing me to the examples using a FilterExample table.
Populating that table could perhaps be triggered by the Text modified Event
of the Form's FamilyID field.
I have previously written some Basic Macros that can read a value, (in this
case it could be theFamilyID) from a Form.  I've also got a Macro that can
apply a filter, say to the Roll data sheet.

I'll experiment with these two possibilities and report back on what I come
up with.

Thanks again,

oel

--