It seems that this has been a problem since 2010 with OpenOffice.org Base, so it is likely a problem with LibreOffice Base as well.
     This link describes how one person solved it.

http://h2-database.66688.n3.nabble.com/Parameterized-Queries-with-OpenOffice-Base-td845715.html

     There is something more that I would like to know:
1) What purposes do this form and subform serve? (Specifically, why use the parameter?)
2) How does the design of the form accomplish these purposes?

--Dan