Onn 06/05/2013 02:29 AM, Marion & Noel Lodge wrote:
Needed information: How did you link these two tables? (Specific
steps please.) Are you using Base as the front end to another database?
Where did Base get the name "LUCROLLS"? (I know that "PUBLIC" is the
schema and 'Roll" is the table name.) Is "LUCROLLS" the name of the
I created a database with two tables: Families and Roll. Families
was given the primary key, FamilyID (BIGINT). Roll was given two fields:
RollID (primary key, BIGINT), and FamilyKey (BIGINT). Using the Form
Wizard, I created a form with Families as the main form and Roll as the
subform. Step 2: (Setup sub form) Clicked "Add subform" box. Clicked
Next. Step 3: (Add subform fields) Selected "Table:Roll" from the Tables
or queries drop-down list. Clicked the double right arrow to move all
the fields from the table, Roll, to the "Fields in form" list. Clicked
Next. Step 4: (Get joined fields) Select FamilyKey from the "First
joined subform field" drop-down list. Select FamilyID from the "First
joined main form field" drop-down list. Click Next. I then went through
the rest of the steps of the Form Wizard.
I have a Form with families info in the Main Form and family members info
in a Sub Form. The Tables and relevant fields are -
Main Form (Families)
FamilyID BIGINT IDENTITY
<Info fields follow>
Sub Form (Roll)
RollID BIGINT IDENTITY
<Info fields follow>
I have linked the forms using fields FamilyID and FamilyKey - a one to many
link. However I get the error -
The data content could not be loaded.
SELECT * FROM "LUCROLLS"."PUBLIC"."Roll"
WHERE ("FamilyKey" = :[*]link_from_FamilyID) [42001-139]
The problem seems to be the 'link_from_FamilyID' phrase. I Googled 42001,
and all it says is that it is an invalid SQL Statement, but I don't know
what is wrong. Even if I did, the SQL statement is generated by the
Wizard! Is there a way of manually over riding the Wizard? Failing that
I'll need to write a macro to filter the Roll records to achieve what I
want to happen. But I shouldn't need to do this. In another application I
have previously got this sort of linking to work.
Can anybody see what I am doing wrong here?
I'm running LO version 188.8.131.52 and Windows 7.
Possible way to correct the situation: Edit the form.
Add the Form Controls toolbar. (View > Toolbars > Form Controls) The
fourth icon from the left is the Form tool (icon). But first control
click the FamilyKey field. Then click the Form tool. (The Form
properties dialog opens.) Click the Data tab. Click the ellipse (...)
for "Link master fields". (The "Linked fields" dialog opens.) Select
FamilyKey from the top Roll drop-down list. Select FamilyID from the
Families drop-down list. Click OK. Close the Form Properties dialog.
Save the Form. Save the database.
To unsubscribe e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
Impressum (Legal Info)
: Unless otherwise specified, all text and images
on this website are licensed under the
Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
This does not include the source code of LibreOffice, which is
licensed under the Mozilla Public License (MPLv2
"LibreOffice" and "The Document Foundation" are
registered trademarks of their corresponding registered owners or are
in actual use as trademarks in one or more countries. Their respective
logos and icons are also subject to international copyright laws. Use
thereof is explained in our trademark policy