Hi :)
The people saying it worked on their machine, running a particular OS and a fairly specific version
of LO were trying to help pinpoint exactly where the problem was.  Unfortunately it sometimes
confuses noobs because it sounds like we are being unhelpful and rejecting the idea that LO doesn't
work.  However it is quite the contrary.  We all appreciate that weird things happen in any
software and if we can quickly find out exactly when things go wrong in LO (and when they don't)
then we can usually fix the problem or find a work-around more quickly.

We are all noobs at something and have all been noobs with LO at some point and all use LO in
different ways so being a noob is not a bad thing.  Far from it.  It means you are pushing yourself
into new areas and may well find new things about it that longer-term users haven't really noticed
but that could be fixed now given all the improvements oif the last couple of years.  A definite
plus for LO.

Regards from
Tom :)