Hi Everyone,

Don C. Myers schrieb:
Hi Everyone,

When the Microsoft formats were approved as an ISO standard, wasn't that
supposed to make the information on their formats available to everyone
else?

You can get the OOXML standard from http://www.ecma-international.org/publications/standards/Ecma-376.htm

You can get the binary file format description from
http://www.microsoft.com/openspecifications/en/us/programs/osp/office-file-formats/default.aspx

 From what I've read through the years, they have failed to
implement their own ISO standards.

The ECMA standard is available in MSO 2013 as "OOXML strict", but LO fails to read it.

 Shouldn't there be some way to
enforce the ISO standards approval on Microsoft so they can become
inter-operable with LibreOffice?

MSO 2013 supports ODF 1.2.

If an authority demands standards or even demands ODF, this can all be fulfilled with MSO, no need to use LO.

Kind regards
Regina